Are you an alum of our programmes? If so, you have first dibs on these two and all future job vacancies and other opportunities we will soon be announcing at JA South Africa!
So… if you 1) meet the vacancy requirements 2) are an alum of one of our programmes, then please submit a CV, contact details of three referees and a motivation letter detailing your interest in and suitability for the position to Lisa Sonnekus, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 011 331 0278 on or before close of business on 5 February 2016.
JA South Africa has, for the past 37 years been offering South African youth, aged between 10 and 35 a platform to create sustainable futures as opportunity makers and possibility seekers. We achieve this through our array of programmes, all experiential in nature where learners are required to actively engage in real business or financial activities. Follow us on Facebook; Junior Achievement South Africa or on Twitter @JASouthAfrica – hashtag #OpportunityMakers. JA South Africa is affiliated to JA Worldwide (www.jaworldwide.org), one of the largest business education organisations in the world, operating in over 120 countries.
JA South Africa seeks to appoint a full-time Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator based in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Reporting to the National Programmes Manager and working with a team of agents, programme co-ordinators and facilitators, the incumbent will be responsible for the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks and tools that will ensure accurate and timely information and feedback to stakeholders, and for planning and conducting data quality assurance and monitoring activities and reports.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation strategies and frameworks in consultation with EXCO;
- Ensure that strategies and frameworks are implemented and coordinated across all programmes nationwide;
- Oversee database setup and management in consultation with EXCO;
- Work with the National Programmes Manager to design & implement data collection tools and forms;
- Develop data collection procedures and ensure compliance with such procedures;
- Train staff responsible for data collection and other key staff as required;
- Supervise data collection staff, overseeing data collection activities and regularly monitoring data quality;
- Oversee data processing including data transfer, entry, verification and cleaning;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Compile and present data for reporting of programme progress and impact to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Capture lessons learned and best practices;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
- Work closely with other JA South Africa Departments to offer M&E Support, specific to department needs;
- Analysis of programme interventions in relation to marketing communication efforts
- Will be required to work closely with Marketing Communications Manager to monitor and identify opportunities to support brand building efforts.
- Preference of a degree in demography, statistics, or social sciences
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and interventions;
- Strong skills in Access, MS Excel Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience using data to inform decision-making, communication, planning, resource allocation and other strategic initiatives;
- Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with a range of applied research and monitoring and evaluation approaches in the development and social sciences sectors, with an emphasis on education,
- Demonstrated understanding of data management systems;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Fluency in English, including speaking, writing, and reading;
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Methodical and organised
- Problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritise and manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to show initiative
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Confident in communication with people across all sectors of society
- Systems thinking
- Passion and commitment to development
- Outcomes driven
- Strong decision-making
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter detailing your interest in and suitability for the position to Lisa Sonnekus, email@example.com or fax to 011 331 0278. Deadline: Close of Business on 5 February 2016. Please add the date, venue and name of the JA South Africa programme you attended.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend an interview.
For more about the Junior Achievement South Africa, visit www.jasa.org.za