Are you an alum of our programmes? If so, you have first dibs on these two and all future job vacancies and other opportunities we will soon be announcing at JA South Africa!
So… if you 1) meet the vacancy requirements 2) are an alum of one of our programmes, then please submit a CV, contact details of three referees and a motivation letter detailing your interest in and suitability for the position to Lisa Sonnekus, email@example.com or fax to 011 331 0278 on or before close of business on 5 February 2016.
JA South Africa has, for the past 37 years been offering South African youth, aged between 10 and 35 a platform to create sustainable futures as opportunity makers and possibility seekers. We achieve this through our array of programmes, all experiential in nature where learners are required to actively engage in real business or financial activities. Follow us on Facebook; Junior Achievement South Africa or on Twitter @JASouthAfrica – hashtag #OpportunityMakers. JA South Africa is affiliated to JA Worldwide (www.jaworldwide.org), one of the largest business education organisations in the world, operating in over 120 countries.
JA South Africa seeks to appoint a full-time Receptionist and Admin Assistant based in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Purpose of the Job:
Serves as the first line of contact on behalf of the organisation – in person and telephonically. Maintains the reception area in a respectable and presentable state. Manages the stationery requirements of the organisation. Assists with learner transport arrangements and data processing. Assists with marketing administration.
Reports directly to the Managing Director
Required Minimum Education:
Required Minimum Experience:
At least 2 years of administration skills and experience
Key Competencies Required:
- Ability to work fast and efficiently and patience
- Computer literacy in word-processing, and spreadsheet programmes. Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to keep accurate records
- Ability to create office management systems
Desirable Personal Attributes, Values and Attitudes:
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
External / Internal Relationships:
Manage info mailbox
Support JA South Africa team
The incumbent will be required to work in the office based in the Johannesburg CBD
Description of Tasks:
- Assists the Managing Director with various administration functions such as filing, diary management and funder research
- Assists the Managing Director with general typing and filing
- Controls the switchboard and sending and receiving of faxes
- Maintains the reception area in a presentable manner
- Manages the supply of office stationery and orders requirements as necessary
- Assists with the management of the stock of branded gifts and items
- Attends to the maintenance of the photocopy machine, e.g ordering of paper, toner etc
- Monitors postal items and collects post as necessary
- Maintains and compiles the internal staffing list
- Attends to and directs external queries (info mailbox/ calls / visitors)
- Assists with data processing for the programmes team and Marketing and Communications Manager and M&E Coordinator
- Assists with general communications administration as requested
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter detailing your interest in and suitability for the position to Lisa Sonnekus, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 011 331 0278. Deadline: Close of Business on 5 February 2016. Please add the date, venue and name of the JA South Africa programme you attended.